• Only 3 blocks to the nearest metro station
• Super convenient to American University (AU)
• 10 min by car to downtown Washington DC
• Fully fitted rooftop deck for your enjoyment
• Nursery accommodates even the tiniest of our guests :)
• Smart HDTV w cable + Netflix in living room
• 105MBPS High-speed Wi-Fi
• Amazon's Alexa at your service w/in-house Echo
• Free Parking in driveway
• Kid-, & family-friendly rental
Welcome to our home in DC!
3708 Albemarle was constructed in 1949 on what at the time was undeveloped land in the DC commuter suburb of Tenleytown. It was sold to its first owner the same year for the bargain price of $6000.
Christina and I took one look at this house and fell in love. 53 years after its first purchase, in the summer of 2012, we became the 2nd owners (we, unfortunately, had to pay a bit more than $6k). The house was in such bad shape it scared most everyone away! I didn’t know this at the time, but my bride likes her houses the same as her men - rough-around-the-edges but charming with lots of potentials.
We spent the next 4 years making this place our own. Fast forward to today - this little house has seen 3 engagements (our own and 2 of our best friends’), multiple renovations, a new baby, and too many all-day BBQs to remember. Work
took both of us away in 2016, but we still try to get back as much as we can to unwind.
DC is a phenomenal city! There’s lots of fun to be had here - very accessible by foot, great sites, lots of history, tons of excellent food and even a bit of charm if you look in the right places! We’re glad you’re here and hope you love the house and the city as much as we do.
Nestled in upper Northwest DC, Tenleytown is the District’s second oldest community. A blend of a quiet neighborhood and urban center, Tenleytown is a wonderful area to explore.
We recommend the following:
• Bread Furst
• Bourbon Coffee
• Tons of restaurants on Wisconsin St (turn left on Albemarle, walk straight for 3 blocks, turn right on Wisconsin)
• Be sure to check out "Little Red Fox" on Connecticut. Awesome sandwiches and crazy good desserts
• Le Chat Noir
• Wonderful little hidden park by the Austrian Embassy at 36 and Yuma. 10 minutes away - Take an evening stroll.
There is a Roku on the main floor. The Roku controller will power on both the TV and the Roku. Please remember to sign out of all streaming services before you leave!
Secret Basement room: Sony TV remote turns on the TV. Press 'Home' on remote to get the Android TV menu. All apps are accessible from there.
Carbon Monoxide Detector
First aid kit
1 night minimum stay
No smoking, parties, or events
Check-in is anytime after 4PM and check out by 11AM
Self check-in with lockbox