Handyman / Property Management Assistant
Website Great Dwellings
We take the hassle out of hosting
We are seeking handymen to help oversee our vacation rental and corporate rental properties in the DC Metropolitan area. We are in need of skilled handymen with a wide range of skills to handle jobs of any size. Small to Large. You must be professional in your appearance and work, and reliable. This is a part-time / on-call position. Hours range from 5-20 hours per week. Must have own transportation.
About us: We are Great Dwellings – http://GreatDwellings.com. We own and manage several vacation rentals in the DC area. This means we have to keep our homeowners and guests happy at all times. We’ve done a great job and need your help to keep our standards as we grow. Speaking of growing, we were recently mentioned in the Huffington Post and Washington Post (http://wpo.st/cz4F2) and would use your help in maintaining our high standards.
The Role The Property Manager will work in Washington, DC with the City Operations team to help start our new market there by getting properties ready for resident move-in. You will meet with owners to pick up keys, thoroughly inspect properties upon move-in (and do occasional repairs), deliver furnishings and decor to properties throughout DC. Using our designer’s templates, you’ll be placing items throughout the interior of the property, providing feedback as needed. This role incorporates some heavy lifting, driving to properties (and occasionally to stores), and an eye for detail so the property is up to Great Dwellings standard and ready for resident move-in. This role will be compensated on an hourly basis.
What You Will Do
• Project manage a property from inspection state, through staging, up to tenant move-in.
• Communicate progress updates throughout the day to note any changes to the onboarding schedule.
• Meet face to face with owners and guests alike to solve any issues.
• Conduct thorough inspections of properties and make judgment calls based on in-person findings.
• Stage entire properties complete with everything from bed linens to cooking utensils.
What We Are Looking For
• Attention to detail is a must. Everything needs to be up to Great Dwellings Standard.
• Ability to roll with the punches. Schedules have to change quickly and we need you to be able to move with them.
• Clear communication at all times. Updates help keep us on track. Regardless of whether things are going right or wrong, field ops team members, the warehouse team, and the city coordinators need to be on the same page.
• Must have reliable automobile transportation (preferably a large car or van) and a valid Driver’s License and insurance
• Flexibility with non-conventional hours (i.e. willing to work in the evenings and/or some weekends)
• Familiarity with home maintenance and handyman work (e.g. if you notice a problem when staging a property, you could help fix it) including the following:
– Change light bulbs, batteries, digital lock codes, smoke/CO detector batteries or install new detectors
– Touch up paint including light drywall patchingTighten/replace toilet seats • Change toilet fill valves/ flappers
– Caulk bathroom fixtures
– Tighten/ reinstall towel bars
– Tighten water fixture handles/knobs
– Change furnace filtersChange fridge water filters
– Clear/reset garbage disposals
– Diagnose and correct local power failures (Flipped breakers/GFCI outlets)
– Copying keys
**Please email your resume with the subject line: Handyman For Hire and include a brief description of what you think goes into being a great property manager/handyman and why you’d be a good fit for this job.
Reliable transportation is required. This job requires being in the field from running errands, greeting guests, meeting with maintenance, and much more. Though we have a cleaning team, there may be some dirty work, if you see something that they overlooked, i.e., sweeping steps, empty water from the dehumidifier, moving trash can, or even attempting to repair something.
Must be able to work independently, be available for occasional evening or weekends responses (either via email or in-person) and have a reliable cell phone to be contacted when needed.
5+ years of trades experience desired
Must pass a background check and drug screen
You must live in or in very close proximity to Washington DC
Work Hours: Approx 5-15 hours per week on-call, including weekends.
Please send your resume with the subject line: Handyman For Hire
A background check and drug screen will be required for this position.
To apply for this job email your details to Karl@GreatDwellings.com